[经验分享] 说说我在DC租房差点受骗的经历,给大家提个醒!

[复制链接]
Luana实名认证 学生认证 发表于 2012-12-24 22:41:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题

现在已经开放注册,快来加入我们吧!

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x
美国的研究生同学都知道,在这里读书,没有学校统一安排的宿舍(即使有,也是高帅富、白富美的聚集地),很多情况下房子是要自己找自己租的。最近我想要搬家,于是我十分积极的对房源进行“地毯式搜索”。

Craiglist这个网站相信美国的同学们都不陌生,上面鱼龙混杂,各式各样的广告到处都是。12月21日,我在Craiglist上面找到了一个非常非常诱人的招租广告:临近GWU—Foggy Bottom地铁站的2b2b,一个月房租加水电只要$1300!! 18.gif

这对我而言简直是天上掉馅饼!!GWU周围的房子是出了名的贵!且不说The Avenue这样连studio都$2200起的豪宅,Columbia Plaza, Statesman 等公寓2b2b的房子起码都是每月$3300!这个广告上的招租价格仅仅为市价的1/3.

于是我非常激动的给户主写了封电子邮件,询问房子的事情。

户主也很迅速的给我回了这么一封感情真挚的招租信:

Hello,

Thanks for your response, I am Mathew Ajayi the owner of the apartment you are making inquiry of,I used to stay in the apartment until I left on transfer to West Africa for a construction job with Hitech Construction Company, (I'm a construction engineer) and I am happily married.I will be here for a while so presently my home is available for rent and all utilities are included in the rent fee also it is furnished and I don't mind pets as long as they are well trained. I want you to note that I am a Straight forward,hardworking and honest man and I spent a lot on my property so I will solicit for your absolute maintenance of the apartment if you are to rent it if you think you are unable to keep my home in a good condition then please do not respond, please understand that the rent is not my problem but I just want you to keep it tidy at all times,I want a tenant I can trust so I would like you to tell me more about yourself. We will be Staying in Africa now for the duration of my work that is why I have made up my mind to put up our home for rent to whom ever will take good care of it..I am personally handling the rental in other to be able to decide who best suits us to rent our place too.

Apartment Address :***New Hampshire Ave NW Washington, DC (这里,我隐去地址了)

RENT FEE: $1300 per month (inclusive of bills), Security Deposit $500 (refundable)

Amenities:

Dishwasher, Dryer, Electric Stove, Freezer/Deep Freeze, Fridge,

Microwave, Washer/Dryer, Water/Sewer

Parking:

Automatic Garage

Security Alarm/Door

Interior:

Free Internet

Fireplace (wood burning)

Hardwood

Storage Area/Room

Walk-In ClosetsTERMS AND CONDITION:

~The lease is month to month , 1-6 month or 1yrs and can be renewed

~It can only be rented furnished or unfurnished

~ You will have to take good care of my home

~Utilities are included in the rent

~Pets Allowed

~The rent fee has to be paid before move in and subsequent rent fees most be

paid on time

Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and I will

be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible.

Best Regards

Mathew

哎哟,这信看得我一个激动啊!如此诚恳真挚、感人肺腑,我一度还怀疑自己是不是来到了社会主义国家而不是美帝!我连忙回信,一再保证我会好好维护他的房子,绝对不做对不起党、对不起人民、对不起房东可爱房子的事。于是,这位房东又回信了:

Hello Luana,

Thanks for your reply with your details I have looked at it and I am very much ok with everything,I am willing to give you a chance to rent my place but I will want you to give me your honest and truthful word that you will keep the place in good condition during your period of staying in my apartment as I am not around to monitor it firsthand,You can drive by the address and take a look at the place and the surroundings but I am sure you certainly will be very comfortable living in the area, I will be sending you the keys for my place through mail after we have discussed and come to an agreement so you can then just hold on to it and maybe do any necessary things you may want to do with the place before you are finally ready to move in.When you have moved in I will provide you with the contact of someone you can call in case of any maintenance issues that may come up during your stay in my home.The neighborhood is a very quiet and peaceful one with very friendly neighbors I can guarantee you will enjoy your stay in the environment..

I still have quite a number of people who are willing to get the place also so if you are truly interested in renting the place for yourself I will suggest that you act fast in other not to lose it to other interested applicants..Kindly give me a call on my number (011)-2348082208155 as soon as you can so we can discuss and hopefully come to an agreement and finalize everything if you are unable to reach me then I would try calling you..Hope to hear from you soon

Best Regards

Mathew

说的还是那么真挚感人!引诱的我想马上冲到房东面前,立下保证、交完租金、拿上钥匙马上入住!

这时,转机出现了~

由于价格实在低的离谱,我出于谨慎性原则,问了认识的一个叔叔!事实证明,姜还是老的辣,人家吃的盐都比我吃的饭多!叔叔阅读完邮件,对这块“馅饼”持有深深的怀疑。

叔叔在google上进行Craiglist rent West Africa的搜索,结果看到这个页面:

http://blog.perfectspace.com/2008/09/09/nigerian-scam-rentals-on-craigslist/

大家看看,里面的文字描述十分相似,都是Construction Company的Construction Engineer,都外派出差,甚至连号码都十分相似!+23480******!都是来自Nigeria的招租信息。

这更加深了我们的怀疑。然后,叔叔又找到了Real Property Assessment Database,对房子的户主进行查询。(https://www.taxpayerservicecenter.com/RP_Search.jsp?search_type=Assessment

结果,人家户主叫做ERIC ,根本不是这个坑爹的Mathew!这家伙根本就是一个赤裸裸的骗子!

同学们,出门在外,凡事留个心眼啊。美国所有的不动产户主信息都是可以查询的,DC的就是

https://www.taxpayerservicecenter.com/RP_Results.jsp这个网站。

如果你们向私人租房子,最好先到这个网站上看看招租人是不是真正的户主。Craiglist上的信息也不能完全相信,天上的的确确不会掉馅饼!小心无大错,保护好自己以及口袋里的美金啊~

参与人数 1金币 +5 贡献 +1 收起 理由
Sunny + 5 + 1 感谢分享~

查看全部评分总评分 : 金币 +5 贡献 +1

这个人很懒,都没有签名!

精彩评论9

正序浏览
ligyxy实名认证 学生认证 发表于 2012-12-25 01:19:23 | 显示全部楼层

相比于遇到骗子,我对户主名字能随便查表示更加惊讶...
这个人很懒,都没有签名!

Sunny实名认证 学生认证 发表于 2012-12-25 12:26:06 | 显示全部楼层

天上掉馅饼的事情往往都不是真的....

王斐 发表于 2013-4-12 02:30:02 | 显示全部楼层